My name is Kyra (pronounced with a long i, as in ice) Nelson. I am currently pursuing a PhD in linguistics from Northern Arizona University. I have an MA in linguistics and a BA in English language from Brigham Young University with minors in editing and English.
I’m a compulsive thing-doer. I like to be busy, whether it’s reading, writing, watching sports, playing violin, baking cookies, traveling, decorating cakes, or just goofing off with friends. I love adventure, even if it’s a small adventure like roasting Starbursts over the open flame of my stove top.
Feel free to submit questions to thoughtsfromtheagentdesk @ gmail.com or on Twitter to @KyraMNelson.
- Two and a half years interning at A+B Works Literary Agency
- Three years as a professional freelance editor
- Minor in Editing from Brigham Young University
- Undergraduate and graduate level research related to writing and fiction.
- Experience teaching university level courses in rhetoric, editing, writing, and grammar.