What is #MockPit?
MockPit is a practice round for Twitter pitch contests like PitMad. I will be going through pitches and offering suggestions for improvements. If I favorite your pitch, I think it’s great just the way it is! I’ll also be giving away a handful of critiques, so there’s some extra incentive to participate.
How to enter:
- Follow me at @kyramnelson.
- Tweet your pitch using #MockPit. You do not need to @ me.
- Get feedback from me.
- Pay it forward! Favorite or comment on other people’s pitches. This can be a great way to support others and make new friends!
What are the rules?
- Only one pitch per manuscript. Limit three tweets per person.
- Official MockPit runs from 12:00 (noon) to 3:00 EST on Thursday, June 2. I will look at as many pitches as I possibly can. Last time I was able to respond to all the pitches. If the feed gets too crazy, I may not be able to this time. However, I still encourage you to participate. Even if I can’t get to your pitch, somebody else will probably see it and give you feedback. Also, last time we had some guest appearances from other editors and agency interns. I’m hoping to see some of them back this time around. At any rate, your odds are pretty good for getting feedback from somebody. Probably multiple somebodies.
- You must use the hashtag. Otherwise, I probably won’t see your pitch.
- Be patient. I will be reading a lot of tweets. I will get to as many as I can, but I will probably fall behind a little.
- Be kind. This is a subjective business. All comments are meant to be constructive. If you comment on other people’s pitches (and I encourage you to do so!) please keep things positive and helpful. Don’t tear other people down.