What is #MockPit?
I’m so glad you asked! MockPit is a practice round for Twitter pitch contests like PitMad. I will be going through pitches and offering suggestions for improvements. If I favorite your pitch, I think it’s great just the way it is!
How to enter:
- Follow me at @kyramnelson.
- Tweet your pitch using #MockPit. You do not need to @ me.
- Get feedback from me.
- Pay it forward! Favorite or comment on other people’s pitches. This can be a great way to support others and make new friends!
What are the rules?
- Only one pitch per manuscript. Limit three tweets per person.
- Official MockPit runs from 12:00 (noon) to 2:00 EST on Friday, September 25th. I will look at all pitches during that time, but may look at pitches after that.
- You must use the hashtag. Otherwise, I probably won’t see your pitch.
- Be patient. I will probably be reading a lot of tweets. But I will make sure I get to as many as I can.
- Be kind. This is a subjective business. All comments are meant to be constructive.
Why am I doing this?
Mostly for kicks and giggles. I love pitch contests and I love helping writers. This seems like a good chance to do both.
Also, you may have noticed that Brenda Drake posted new rules for PitMad. These rules will help clean up the PitMad feed and encourage industry professionals to participate (which is good). The new rules will require authors to sharpen their pitches rather than throwing out as many possible and seeing what works. This is an opportunity to strengthen those pitches before the big day.
This is somewhat experimental. I’m hoping it goes well and could potentially be something I do again in the future. But we’ll see how it goes! If you want to polish your pitch before the event, check out my post on Twitter Pitches.