Welcome to the Meet My Villain blog hop and contest (yes, both at once). Are you excited? I’m excited.
“The villains were always ugly in books and movies. Necessarily so, it seemed. Because if they were attractive—if their looks matched their charm and their cunning—they wouldn’t only be dangerous.
They would be irresistible.”
1) What is the name of your villain?
King Emery of Tersa. Or just Emery if you’re not into all that pomp.
2) What motivates him/her?
Emery’s family has been murdered and his kingdom stolen from him. It’s too late to save his family, but he’s not going to let an enemy king rule Tersa, especially not when said enemy king murdered the Tersan royals.
3) What is the villain’s relationship with the main character?
They had a friendly relationship when they were younger. But the friendship becomes somewhat compromised when her parents marry her off to the son of Emery’s greatest enemy.
4) What is one thing your villain is afraid of? What is their weakness?
Emery’s weakness is his arrogance. It’s not that he isn’t a force to be reckoned with. But sometimes he overestimates just how far his charm and wit will get him. Ultimately, he’s afraid of failing and letting his family down. He takes big risks, and that might just come back to bite him.
5) What is their greatest strength?
His cunning. Emery’s wit has allowed him to evade the man who killed his family. While hiding in that man’s home.
6) Does your villain have any romantic entanglements?
He’s in like/love/lust (depending on the day) with the main character. One time he drunkenly kissed her. Another time he soberly kissed her.
7) List one random fact about your villain.
His family crest has a snake on it, which turns out to be very fitting.
I’ll be giving away a 5 page + query critique to two lucky blog readers.
1) Follow my blog
2) In the comments, describe your character in 150 words or fewer. I will choose one submission to win a critique.
3) If you want to do a longer post and and answer the 7 questions above, include a link to your blog in the comment. I’ll try to read (and comment on) all of these, if I can. Won’t affect my choice of winner, but it might be fun.
Contests close October 31st.
If you want another chance to win, check out Erin Latimer’s blog.
I was tagged by my splendtastic CP, Erin Latimer. Erin is a Wattpad superstar and a member of the vlogging team, the YA WordNerds. I can vouch for the quality of her critiques, so you should totally check her blog out!
And I am tagging Meghan Jashinsky and Jamie Adams. Your turn!
Meghan is giving away a signed PB copy of Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone, so make sure to check out her post!
If you want to see more of Sean Mundy’s photography, follow this link.